Just because your insurer has rejected your claim, does not necessarily mean that your case is closed.
If you think that you have been unfairly treated, here are some ways to get the insurer decision overturned.
What to do
- Inform the insurance company as soon as you can following the event. It is sometimes a good idea to write the details of the event as soon as you can, and then use that as a reference to make the written claim.
- Be consistent. Remember, it will be awkward if you want to change your story later on.
- Keep all documents that are relevant to the claim.
- Make sure the staff of the insurance company can get in touch with you.
If the claim is rejected?
Check the policy
What caused the loss?
Ignorance of the terms
- you must be given a copy of the policy; and
- the wording of the policy must be clear and unambiguous.